Webinar and Monthly Meet-up Schedule
Click on the following link for schedule: CYCEAB 2023 Events Schedule
June 22, 2023, 12:00-1:00 pm EST – Self-Care for CYC Educators – no cost
– Hosted by Dr. Christine Slavik, CYCEAB Board Director and Professor, BA in Child and Youth Care, University of the Fraser Valley
Events Held in 2023
March 23, 2023, 12:00-1:00 pm EST – Accessing and Utilizing CYC Literature in Your Program – no cost
– Hosted by Dr. Christine Slavik, CYCEAB Board Director and Professor, University of the Fraser Valley
– This member meet-up is linked directly to CYCEAB’s requirement in the Self-Study that “80% of literature resources used in the course are authored by experts in the CYC profession or are comprehensive and recognized as linked directly to excellence in CYC practice.”
April 26, 2023, 1:00-2:30 pm EST – Experiential Learning: Sharing Best Practices – no cost
– Hosted by Kim Laush, Vice President, CYCEAB, and Associate Dean of Community Studies, Mohawk College
Kim has worked in post-secondary for 19 years and she has been actively engaged in field placement, both as a Field Placement Coordinator, Professor, and in her current role as Associate Dean of Community Studies at Mohawk College.
– Kim invites you to share how your post-secondary institution is integrating experiential learning in your Child and Youth Care program, with a focus on how this translates to practice during practicum experiences. This is a great opportunity to share best practices and learn from each other how to provide optimal experiences for learners both inside and outside of the classroom.
April 27, 2023, 12:00-1:00 pm EST – The Accreditation Process: An Overview and One Program’s Experience – no cost
– Hosted by Wendy Weninger, CYCEAB Accreditation Coordinator, and Dr. Christine Slavik, CYCEAB Board Director and Accreditation Lead and Professor of the CYCEAB-Accredited Bachelor of Arts Degree in Child and Youth Care, University of the Fraser Valley
May 10, 2023, 12:00-1:30 pm EST – How Do I Get Published (poster is coming) – $40.00
– I can write … I have something to share … How do I get published? This webinar is a facilitated discussion with publishing representatives.
– The CYCEAB accreditation process includes a question to faculty on how they are contributing to the development of the CYC profession and CYC post-secondary education. Faculty are also asked about professional training and development. If writing and sharing your work is important to you, join this webinar to learn more about how to get started and how to work through the steps to get your work … or that of your students … published. A great session for both new and experienced writers!
CYCEAB Site Reviewer – Click on this link for Position Description.
Board Director – There are currently three vacancies.
Click on this link for Position Description