New members are welcome.
At least one chair of each committee is a member of the Board of Directors and all members are appointed by the board. If you are interested in becoming involved, please contact Dianne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cathy Deneiko and Charlotte Serpa
The Communications Committee supports the internal and external communications priorities of the CYCEAB, including web-based communications and public relations.
Christine Slavik and Mark Littlefield
The Education Committee:
- works collaboratively with the National CYC Conference Organizing Committee to facilitate the pre-conference Education Day;
- serves as a liaison for feedback relating to professional development opportunities from all of those involved in CYC education be they post-secondary educators, students, young people, agency partners, or CYC practitioners, to ensure a vibrant and dynamic educational accreditation process; and
- gains feedback from the membership and Education Day participants to develop ongoing professional development opportunities.
The Finance Committee assists the CYCEAB Board of Directors in fulfilling its governance responsibilities with respect to the overall financial planning and sustainability of the CYCEAB. Its role is primarily to provide financial oversight for the Not-for-Profit organization.
Human Resources Committee
The Human Resources Committee is responsible to:
- oversee and administer the human resources policies, plans, and procedures;
- review, approve, or recommend for board approval, decisions relating to hiring, delegating responsibilities, compensation, approving professional development, and evaluation of key employees; and
- review, approve, or recommend for board approval, decisions related to accreditation site reviewers.
The Nominating Committee recruits members for election to the Board of Directors and manages elections.
Policies and Procedures Committee
The Policies and Procedures Committee is responsible for creating and updating policies and procedures, for approval by the Board of Directors, which will facilitate CYCEAB operations in accordance with CYCEAB bylaws.
Standards Development and Implementation
The Standards Development and Implementation Committee provides direction to the Board of Directors on the accreditation requirements for post-secondary Child and Youth Care (CYC) programs.
Members are appointed by the Board of Directors or the Human Resources Committee.
The Recommendation Panel is responsible for the accreditation recommendation to the CYCEAB Board of Directors on Child and Youth Care programs that have completed the accreditation process as outlined in CYCEAB policy. Members of the panel are CYCEAB-approved reviewers and are considered recognized experts in the Child and Youth Care field. The panel considers the site reviewer’s findings from their site visit and their review of the self-study report which includes the quality enhancement plan and other related documents.
The Recommendation Panel considers two major criteria:
- the degree to which the program demonstrates alignment with current CYC principles and practices and
- the level of rigour of the pre-service programs provided for students.
Melissa Teles and Graham McPheat
Mandate is under review.